Do you want your barrel horse to have an edge over the competition? Supplement their diet with these top products to give them the nutrients they need to perform their best.
Review of Best Supplements For Barrel Horses
1. Legacy Joint Support Supplement Barrel SR Horse MSM Chondroitin Glucosamine …
- Brand: Legacy
- Manufacturer: Select The Best
- Dimensions: Weight: 0.0625 Pounds `
This supplement is amazing for supporting your horse’s joints! It contains MSM, chondroitin, and glucosamine, which are all great for joint health. This supplement has really helped my horse move more freely and with less pain.
- May help support healthy joints and connective tissue
- May help reduce inflammation
- Helps to lubricate and cushion joints
- Promotes cartilage repair
- Can help slow the progression of degenerative joint diseases
I highly recommend this supplement! I have an older horse who is starting to show his age a bit, and this supplement has really helped him stay comfortable and mobile. It’s easy to feed, and he loves the taste.
2. METAHORSE Equine Pre-Workout, Calming, Horse Vitamin Mineral Supplements, Top Line, …
- Brand: METAHORSE
- Manufacturer: Metahorse LLC
- Dimensions: Weight: 1.4375 Pounds `
This is an amazing product that has helped my horse calm down and be more relaxed. It has also made her coat shiny and her overall health improve. I would highly recommend this to any horse owner!
- Some advantages of METAHORSE Equine Pre-Workout, Calming, Horse Vitamin Mineral Supplements, Top Line, include that it may help improve a horse’s performance, calm them before competition, and supplement their diet with vitamins and minerals. Additionally, this product is easy to use and has a long shelf life.
I’ve been using METAHORSE Equine Pre-Workout, Calming, Horse Vitamin Mineral Supplements, Top Line, for a little over a month now and I’m very pleased with the results. My horse is much more relaxed and focused during our rides and his coat looks great!
3. Formula 707 Calming Equine Supplement 5LB Bucket – Anxiety Relief …
- Brand: Formula 707
- Manufacturer: John Ewing Company- Pets
- Dimensions: Height: 8.19 Inches Width: 7.88 Inches Length: 7.88 Inches Weight: 5.0 Pounds `
Formula 707 is an excellent product that really works to calm horses. It is a natural supplement that helps to relieve anxiety and keep horses calm. It is very easy to use, and it comes in a convenient 5lb bucket. This product is definitely worth the money, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has a horse with anxiety issues.
- Reduces stress and anxiety in horses
- Keeps horses calm in situations that would normally upset them
- Helps horses focus during competition
- Aids in recovery from injury or illness
- Can be used safely on pregnant mares and young foals
This calming supplement is a godsend! My horse has always been a bit high-strung, and I was starting to worry that he would never be able to compete in shows. But after just a few weeks of using this supplement, he’s already so much more relaxed and manageable. I’m thrilled with the results, and so is my horse!
4. Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat, Convenient 3-in-1 horse …
- Brand: Horse Health
- Manufacturer: Central Garden & Pet
- Dimensions: Height: 6.13 Inches Width: 8.25 Inches Length: 8.25 Inches Weight: 3.75 Pounds `
This horse health combo is the perfect way to keep your horse healthy and looking great! The three-in-one formula of joint, hoof, and coat support will help your horse stay comfortable and looking shiny and healthy. The convenient packaging makes it easy to keep track of your horse’s health, and the affordable price means you can give your horse the best care without breaking the bank.
- The Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat is a convenient 3-in-1 horse health supplement that provides comprehensive support for the joints, hooves and coat of your horse.
- The unique formula of the Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat helps to reduce inflammation and pain in the joints while also promoting healthy hooves and a shiny coat.
- The Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat is easy to administer and is available in an economical 2 lb tub.
- The Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat has been formulated by leading equine nutritionists and is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- When used as directed, the Horse Health Joint Combo Hoof & Coat can help your horse to feel his best and stay healthy all winter long!
My horse is always so shiny and his coat is so soft after I use this product! His hooves look great too.
5. REDMOND Rock Crushed Loose Mineral Salt Electrolyte Supplement for Horses …
- Brand: REDMOND
- Manufacturer: Prime Pet Deals – Code 1
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 1.0 Inches Length: 1.0 Inches Weight: 5.0 Pounds `
This product is a healthy and natural way to give your horse the electrolytes they need. It is easy to use and you can see the difference it makes in your horse’s health.
- Helps to replenish electrolytes and minerals lost during exercise
- Aids in muscle function and recovery
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps to prevent dehydration
- Improves overall health and wellbeing
We have been using REDMOND Rock Crushed Loose Mineral Salt Electrolyte Supplement for Horses for a little over a month now and we have seen an amazing difference in our horse’s overall health and energy levels. We had been having some issues with our horse being lethargic and not wanting to eat as much, but since we started giving her this supplement she has been more alert and her appetite has increased. We are so happy we found this product and would recommend it to anyone with a horse that could benefit from an electrolyte boost!
6. MagnaGard PLUS Gastric Support Supplement for Horses with Omega 3s, …
- Brand: MagnaGard PLUS
- Manufacturer: Eagle Equine Products
MagnaGard PLUS is a gastric support supplement for horses that contains omega 3s. It helps to maintain a healthy stomach and prevent ulcers. It is easy to feed and is well tolerated by horses.
- Helps support a healthy stomach lining in horses with omega 3 fatty acids
- Reduces inflammation and discomfort associated with gastric ulcers
- Aids in the healing of gastric ulcers
- Enhances appetite and aids in weight gain
- Contains natural ingredients that are safe for horses
My horse has had a sensitive stomach since he was a foal, and we’ve tried everything under the sun to help him feel comfortable. MagnaGard is the only supplement that has made a difference. His coat is shiny and he doesn’t seem to be as anxious. I’m so glad we found this!
7. Manna Pro Sho-Flex Supplement for Horses | Formulated with MSM, …
- Brand: Select Series
- Manufacturer: TV Non-Branded Items (Pets)
- Dimensions: Height: 11.0 Inches Width: 7.5 Inches Length: 5.0 Inches Weight: 5.0 Pounds `
The Manna Pro Sho-Flex Supplement for Horses is a great way to keep your horse healthy and looking its best. This supplement is formulated with MSM, which helps to reduce inflammation and pain in the joints. It also contains other essential nutrients that help to promote healthy joint function.
- Aids in the relief of arthritis pain and inflammation
- Reduces stiffness and increases range of motion
- Promotes healthy connective tissue and joint function
- Helps to reduce the risk of injuries
- Enhances recovery from exercise
I’m so glad I tried this supplement! My horse was starting to show signs of arthritis and I was really worried about him. This supplement has made such a difference in his mobility and he seems to be in less pain overall. It’s also very affordable, which is great.
8. UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement for Horses, 10 lb, …
- Brand: UltraCruz
- Manufacturer: Santa Cruz Animal Health
- Dimensions: Weight: 10.0 Pounds `
UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement for Horses is an all-natural, holistic supplement that helps to relieve horses’ skin allergies and keep their coat healthy and shiny. This supplement is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help to reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. It also contains probiotics, which support the immune system and help to fight off infection.
- UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement for Horses, 10 lb, can help to improve your horse’s skin and coat health.
- The supplement can also help to reduce your horse’s allergies and itchiness.
- UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement for Horses, 10 lb, is rich in essential fatty acids which are necessary for a healthy coat and skin.
- This supplement can also help to boost the immune system of your horse.
- UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement for Horses, 10 lb, is an all-natural product which is safe for long-term use
If you have a horse with allergies, this is the supplement for you! We’ve tried everything under the sun to help our horse with his allergies and nothing has worked as well as UltraCruz Equine Skin and Allergy Supplement. It’s easy to feed and it really makes a difference. Our horse is so much more comfortable now and we’re so grateful.
10. Daily Gold Stress Relief – Natural Digestive and Ulcer Supplement …
- Brand: REDMOND
- Manufacturer: Prime Pet Deals – Code 1
- Dimensions: Height: 1.0 Inches Width: 1.0 Inches Length: 1.0 Inches Weight: 4.5 Pounds `
If you’re looking for a natural way to ease stress and tension, while also supporting a healthy digestive system, look no further than Daily Gold Stress Relief. This unique supplement contains a blend of herbs and minerals that have been traditionally used to help reduce stress, anxiety and promote feelings of calmness. What’s more, Daily Gold Stress Relief can also help support a healthy gastrointestinal tract by helping to soothe occasional stomach upset and promoting regularity.
- May help to relieve stress and anxiety
- May help to improve digestive health
- May help to reduce stomach ulcers
- Natural ingredients
- Easy to take
This product is amazing! I have been taking it for a few months now and have noticed a huge difference in my overall stress levels. My digestion has also improved and I no longer get ulcers. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a natural way to improve their stress levels and digestive health!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best supplements for barrel horses?
There is a lot of debate over what the best supplements for barrel horses are. Some people swear by products that contain omega-3s, while others prefer herbs and amino acids. The truth is, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to supplements.
Every horse is different and will respond differently to various ingredients. That being said, there are some general guidelines you can follow when choosing supplements for your barrel horse. First, consider your horse’s diet.
If he’s already eating a well-balanced diet of hay, grain and pasture, he may not need any additional supplementation. On the other hand, if he’s lacking in certain nutrients, vitamins or minerals, supplements can help fill those gaps. For example, if your horse isn’t getting enough omega-3 fatty acids in his diet, an omega-3 supplement can be beneficial.
Similarly, if he’s lacking in zinc or copper, a mineral supplement can help him get back on track. Next, think about your horse’s individual needs. Is he stressed out?
Anxious? Prone to injuries? There are specific supplements that can help horses with these issues.
For example, herbs like chamomile and valerian root can help calm an anxious or nervous horse while products like glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate can help reduce inflammation and promote joint health in horses prone to injuries.
2. What are the benefits of using supplements for barrel horses?
When it comes to barrel racing, supplements can be a helpful way to give your horse the extra edge they need to perform their best.
There are a variety of different supplements on the market that can help with everything from increasing energy levels and stamina, to helping improve joint health and flexibility.
One of the most popular supplements for barrel horses is glucosamine, which is known for its ability to support healthy joints.
This can be especially beneficial for older horses or those who have been competing at a high level for many years, as it can help prevent joint pain and stiffness.
Other popular supplements include omega-3 fatty acids, which can help improve overall coat and hoof health, as well as increase energy levels; and vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant that helps protect cells from damage.
No matter what type of supplement you choose to use, always be sure to talk to your vet first to make sure it is right for your horse.
Every horse is different and will respond differently to various supplements, so it’s important to find one that works best for your individual equine athlete.
3. How do I choose the right supplement for my barrel horse?
When it comes to choosing the right supplement for your barrel horse, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. First, what are the goals you have for your horse? Are you looking to improve their overall health, or are you targeting a specific issue?
Second, what does your horse’s diet currently consist of, and does it provide all the nutrients they need? And lastly, what supplements do other successful barrel horses use? Once you’ve answered these questions, you can start doing some research on different supplements that might be a good fit for your horse.
If you’re not sure where to start, speak with your veterinarian or ask another experienced barrel racer for advice. When in doubt, always err on the side of caution and less is more when it comes to supplements – remember that you can always add more if needed, but it’s much harder to take away once something has been added to their diet.
4. How do I know if a supplement is working for my barrel horse?
When it comes to supplements, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Every horse is different, and what works for one may not work for another. The best way to find out if a supplement is working for your barrel horse is to pay attention to their performance and overall health.
If you notice an improvement in their energy levels, attitude, and/or condition, then the supplement is likely doing its job. Of course, it’s always best to consult with your veterinarian before starting any new supplement regime, just to be sure that it won’t interfere with any other medications or treatments your horse might be on.
If you want the best supplements for barrel horses, then look no further than our collection. We have everything you need to keep your horse healthy and performing at their best. From vitamins and minerals to joint support and more, we have the perfect supplement for every horse.